Sunday, September 17, 2017

FDREL lesson 01

The process by which the Book of Mormon came to us through Joseph Smith is not easily understood. The same can be said about how the Book of Mormon has impacted my life. Although I can't easily put it into words, I know that the Book of Mormon has impacted my life in a positive way. When I read it I feel a sense of comfort. When I watch Mormon messages that include lessons from the Book of Mormon, my home is filled with warmth. Just like the way we can feel it in our bones that the seasons are changing, I can feel the love that comes from the scriptures. By taking this class and completing the assigned readings, I hope to gain a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon so that I can explain it to my friends and family. While reading the article, "By the Gift and Power of God" by Elder Neal A. Maxwell, I learned that there was no blanket between Joseph Smith and the scribes during the translation of the golden plates, according to Emma Smith. I always pictured a blanket hanging between them. There is always something new to learn when you wholeheartedly study the lessons and teachings of the prophets of the Church of  Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


No comments:

Post a Comment