Sunday, October 18, 2015

Agency

While studying 2 Nephi 1-8, I noticed a few times agency was mentioned.

2 Ne 2:16 "Wherefore, the Lord God gave unto man that he should act for himself."
2 Ne 2:26 "...they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not be acted upon..."
2 Ne 2:27 "Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh...And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life...or to choose captivity and death..."

This is such a key principle to apply to all things in life. How often are we offended by someone in our daily lives? How is this related to agency?
David A. Bednar gave a great talk about this subject. I was deeply inspired by his message and enlightened. I pondered about this and I prayed that I may make better use of my moral agency in the future. I am responsible for how I react and act, and for how I choose to respond to an offensive situation. I'm looking forward to working on this important gospel principle over the next week. I am uplifted with optimism after learning about these principles in 2 Nephi 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment