Wednesday, October 7, 2015

1 Nephi 16:29

"...by small means the Lord can bring about great things."



What a great message.
Reminds me of sayings like "you don't have to see the whole staircase to take the first step".
I am also reminded of some advice a friend/coworker gave me a few years ago about my slow progress toward a college degree. I felt like it was too big of a task to take on. 
He said simply, "chip away at it." 
That is so motivating! With the college degree, I just have to take a class at a time. 
With scripture study, I just need to do just what my instructor requires which is 30 minutes a day. Little small bits of scripture study that add up to a huge block of study time completed each week. Little acts of kindness, subtle changes we make in ourselves... 
They all add up to becoming more Christ-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment