Saturday, October 7, 2017

Inviting the Spirit- Goals

I use this blog to help invite the Spirit. I try my best to use media appropriately though sometimes I get caught up in junk news or articles that impede the Spirit. I know that blessings come from using media to invite the companionship of the Spirit into our lives. I plan to give my Facebook account a good makeover to be sure to delete anything that impedes the Spirit and I plan to use it better in the future.

Thinking about something I'd really like to learn and there are so many things. One of those things I'd like to learn is sign language. I work with abused children and some clients are deaf. I would love to be able to communicate with. Ore people, especially the kids I come across at work or in my daily life. I also think it would be really nice to develop a skill or talent to share at church. There's a young girl who attends my ward and she is very hard of hearing and uses sign language to communicate. Only her mother can sign and I don't think anyone else at church knows how. I would like to learn sign language so that I might be able to accept a calling to primary or young women's and be able to include that child without her mom having to miss her calling to translate for her. I think it would be something nice to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment